Reading the below tips and instructions for Chin Prosthesis Surgery which are provided by Dr. Hadi Amali, will help you to have a better recovery period after Chin Prosthesis Surgery.
Fortunately, Chin Prosthesis Surgery is a type of facial plastic surgery with lowest complications and usually doesn’t have any special aftercare instructions but the below points should be considered:
1) You can remove your chin tapes, two days after the surgery.
2) Usually the stitches used during the surgery will be removed after 7 to 10 days from the surgery date.
3) Maybe you experience the lips to be numb after the surgery. Lips being numb will go away after a few days.
4) Maybe you experience speech problem a few times for the first two weeks after the surgery. It will go away after a while and you won’t have any speech problem later.
5) Eating soft foods (easy to chew) is recommended for the first 3 days after the surgery.
6) If you visit a dentist later, please make him aware of the chin prosthesis which exists in your chin. He shouldn’t inject numbness medicine to your chin prosthesis.