Reading the below tips and instructions for Blepharoplasty (Eyelids Surgery) which are written by Dr. Hadi Amali, will help you to have a better recovery period after eyelids surgery.
1) Please use ice compress on the eyelids area for the first two days.
2) Please use one extra pillow under your head during sleeping time for 3 nights after the surgery.
3) Please use cotton swab soaked with Gentamicin (antibiotic cream) on the stitches area twice a day. Be careful that the cream doesn’t go inside of your eye.
4) You should be careful to keep your eyes closed during the sleeping time for the first 3 nights after the surgery. In order to keep your eyes closed, you should use Vitamin A ointment inside your eyes before sleeping to keep inside of your eyes greasy.
5) For the first few days after the surgery, your eyes might become sensitive and you may experience tears, irritation or redness. If you face any of these conditions, you can use artificial eye drops, 1 drop each eye every two hours.
6) After 6 days, if you don’t have swelling, redness and irritation around your eyes, you can start wearing make-up.
7) Stitches which are used during Blepharoplasty shall be usually removed 10 days after the surgery.
8) Two days after the surgery, you can take a complete shower.
9) It’s recommended to use healing creams (Cicalfate or Stratamed) on the stitches area one week after the surgery. Be careful that the cream doesn’t go inside of your eye.